Below are publications by researchers working or affiliated with the Center of Population Sciences for Health Equity.
By Health Topic
- Efficacy of a community‐based participatory and multilevel intervention to enhance hepatitis B virus screening and vaccination in underserved Korean Americans - Ma - 2018 - Cancer - Wiley Online Library
- Body weight perception and health-related behaviors among U.S. adolescents: Mediating effects of body weight control behaviors. The Journal of School Nursing; Published online March 24, 2021.
- Effectiveness of an automated errors checking and feedback system to improve text message reporting for disease surveillance in Vietnam. Telemedicine and e-Health, Published online July 14, 2020.
- Efficacy of a community-based participatory intervention to enhance hepatitis B screening and vaccination in underserved Korean Americans. Published 13 November 2017
- Hypertension in HIV-Infected Adults Compared with Similar but Uninfected Adults in China: Body Mass Index-Dependent Effects of Nadir CD4 Count | AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses (liebertpub.com)
- Associations between social determinants of health, perceived discrimination, and body mass index on symptoms of depression among young African American mothers - Archives of Psychiatric Nursing
- Differences in hypertension and prehypertension among people living with and without HIV in China: role of HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy - Xu - 2021 - HIV Medicine - Wiley Online Library
- Actives, passives and power: heteronormative gender norms and their implications for intimate partner violence among men who have sex with men in Tajikistan: Culture, Health & Sexuality: Vol 22, No 6 (tandfonline.com)
- Behavioral and Molecular Tracing of Risky Sexual Contacts in a Sample of Chinese HIV-infected Men Who Have Sex With Men | American Journal of Epidemiology | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
- Intimate Partner Violence Among Chinese Transwomen: Associat... : Sexually Transmitted Diseases (lww.com)
- Living While Black, Gay, and Poor: The Association of Race, Neighborhood Structural Disadvantage, and PrEP Utilization Among a Sample of Black Men Who Have Sex With Men in the Deep South - PubMed (nih.gov)
By Focus Populations
Minority stress, identity conflict, and HIV-related outcomes among men who have sex with men, transgender women, and gender nonbinary people of color. LGBT Health, Published online: September 1, 2022.
The cumulative influence of perceived discrimination, stress, and coping responses on symptoms of depression among young African American mothers. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Published online July 14, 2022
Talking Circle for young adults (TC4YA) intervention: A Culturally Safe Research Exemplar. Contemporary Nurse, 2022
Addressing Disparities by Evaluating Depression as a Predictor of Prostate Screenings Among Black Men in a Community Health Clinic. The Journal of Community Health, 2022
Ethnoracial status, intersectionality with gender, and psychotherapy utilization, retention, and outcomes. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Published online May 5, 2022
Adapting a Motivational interviewing intervention to improve HIV prevention among Young Black sexual minority men in Alabama: Protocol for the development of the Kings Digital Health Intervention. JMIR Research Protocols, 2022
A. U.S. Bound Journey of Migrant Peoples In Transit Across Dante's Inferno and Purgatory in the Americas. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, 2022
Sexual and reproductive health and access: Results of a rapid epidemiological assessment among migrant peoples in transit through Darién, Panamá. Front. Reprod. Health, 29 November 2022 Sec. HIV and STIs
Adapting and pilot testing an HIV and intersectional stigma reducing intervention for Dominican Republic healthcare contexts: Protocol for translational research. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications, 2022